Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I took a video that is too long, how to split it into 2 videos or compress it?

I created 3 videos with my that I want to share. They are all over 15 minutes long. All of the sharing sites limit the videos to < 15 minutes so I need to split the videos or compress them. Can you suggest how to do either? I have already downloaded the videos to my PC.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, Taken using iPhone and iPad

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 12:07 AM

On your iPhone you could trim the videos and create two trimmed copies to split it:

Trim a video. Tap the screen to display the controls, drag either end of the frame viewer, then tap Trim.

User uploaded file

Important: If you choose Trim Original, the trimmed frames are permanently deleted from the original video. If you choose Save as New Clip, a new trimmed video clip is saved in your Videos album and the original video is unaffected.

On your PC it will depend on the software you are having there. I don't know what you could use on a Windows PC, but on a Mac you can trim the video in iMovie or on Quicktime Player.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 12:07 AM in response to woodhollow

On your iPhone you could trim the videos and create two trimmed copies to split it:

Trim a video. Tap the screen to display the controls, drag either end of the frame viewer, then tap Trim.

User uploaded file

Important: If you choose Trim Original, the trimmed frames are permanently deleted from the original video. If you choose Save as New Clip, a new trimmed video clip is saved in your Videos album and the original video is unaffected.

On your PC it will depend on the software you are having there. I don't know what you could use on a Windows PC, but on a Mac you can trim the video in iMovie or on Quicktime Player.

I took a video that is too long, how to split it into 2 videos or compress it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.