Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still image export problem

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to export a still image from a project I completely created in Motion, but when I export the frame all I get is an empty picture. In Motion itself I can see all the layers, but as soon as I try to export it, it's juts an empty file. When I try to export the whole clip, it works perfectly fine. I also tried different export settings, but it just didn't work for me at all. Any help?

I'm using Motion 5.2.1

Thanks a lot, MyiTutorials

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 5:53 AM

So you park the playhead on the frame you want, see it in the canvas correctly, do Share->Save Current Frame... and the result is an empty image. Is that it?

Not sure what might be causing it, but the usual first step is to delete preferences: start Motion holding down command and option keys, and confirm in the ensuing dialog. See if that fixes it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 5:53 AM in response to MyiTutorials

So you park the playhead on the frame you want, see it in the canvas correctly, do Share->Save Current Frame... and the result is an empty image. Is that it?

Not sure what might be causing it, but the usual first step is to delete preferences: start Motion holding down command and option keys, and confirm in the ensuing dialog. See if that fixes it.

Still image export problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.