Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with finding iTunes Library after shifting it to WD My Cloud Mirror

From my old computer, I followed Apple's instructions to change the location of my iTunes data from my old computer to my new WD My Cloud Mirror. I then shift+click opened iTunes on my new computer (which has no iTunes data loaded) to find the location on the My Cloud. However, it won't show the WD My Cloud as an option. My intention is to delete the iTunes data on the old computer, and only have it saved on the My Cloud. Can anyone help please? My old computer is running Windows 7 and my new one is running Windows 8. I have the most up to date version of iTunes running on both computers.

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 8:04 PM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:07 AM in response to garciarocksxx

I ended up shifting my entire iTunes Library from a recent backup onto my WD My Cloud Mirror. I reinstalled iTunes on my new computer and then pointed the library to the folder on the NAS (Shift + double clicked on iTunes icon). So far this is working great. iTunes is a little sluggish but I don't mind as I really only use it to sort playlists. The instructions "Moving your iTunes Media Folder" did not work for my case.

Need help with finding iTunes Library after shifting it to WD My Cloud Mirror

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.