Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image not showing when trying to change folder image?

Hello, whenever I try to apply an image to a folder in Finder, it would just change to the default image to when it can't display. I recently learned that you can turn your folders into images, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

The way I do it is by either copying the image, clicking "Get Info" on the folder, and then clicking "Cmd+v" or paste, or clicking "Get Info" and dragging the image from finder to the small folder icon in the Get Info window (it then shows a green plus to drop it there).

Both ways have the same end result. I tried using both .jpeg and .png files, with varying sizes from 30KB-1024KB but it would not work.

If anyone knows why and how to fix it, thank you very much, because this seems like a very cool feature that I'd like to use.

Thank you,

Kroppin

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 22, 2015 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 5:08 PM

Never mind, I found that you have to go into Preview, Select All, Copy the image, and then click the folder icon and go to Edit, then Paste it. Sorry to anyone who thought this question was kind of stupid.

1 reply

Image not showing when trying to change folder image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.