Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separately zooming multiple displays

I have a feeling that there isn't a way to do this, but if there is, I would LOVE to know how. But assuming there is no way yet, this is a request for an upgrade in the Zoom program!

I am legally blind and have Zoom enabled constantly. I have a 15" MacBook Pro and a 27" Thunderbolt display. I also have another beautiful 27" Dell Ultrasharp that I would love to use alongside my Thunderbolt, but it is just collecting dust because using Zoom with multiple displays is infuriating and impossible for me with the way that it currently works. I have to have the magnification quite high, so when using multiple displays, I often get half of each display when I switch an app or move the mouse around. I would love to be able to have two monitors set up and zoom each one exclusively. Let's say I had a movie playing on one, and iMessage, Safari, etc. on the other. It would be great to be able to zoom into the text based apps so that I can actually see them, but not disturb what's going on in the other monitor.

Without being able to zoom displays separately, it is really frustrating to not be able to get full use of the technology I have. If there is currently a way to do this, please let me know. If not, it would be a change that would be greatly appreciated and well used.

Thunderbolt Display-OTHER

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 6:33 AM

1 reply

Jul 24, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Nicola Murch

I only have one external display, but I haven't seen a way to have zoom at different levels on the display and the MacBook. I personally use the mirror feature of the external display when I am watching a movie, and use the external display as an extended screen for most other tasks. I don't know if you have looked into it, but voiceOver is also a great resource that comes with Apple devices. If the large magnification is bothering you, voiceOver may be a nice alternative. Apple also has an accessibility support number if you are in the US. Here is the link to their number they may have some ideas or tips to help you out as well. https://www.apple.com/support/accessibility/contact/

Separately zooming multiple displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.