Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New macbook experience electric shock since the first plug on power

Dear sir,

My brand new macbook come with aluminium outer case, when I charge it with the power adapter come with the macbook, I experiencing a mile electric shock when ever I touch he case, and the feeling always there until you unplug the power adapter, please help me to solve this problem, thank you sir.

iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 8:35 AM

7 replies

Jul 23, 2015 1:59 PM in response to Lanny

Ah, guess I wasn't paying attention to the forum I was in. Thought I was still in the MacBook Pro one for some reason.

Let me revise my post then by saying that the plug part of that adapter is removable and interchangeable with other Mac power adapters, and if the original poster has a grounded power cord from another mac computer, he can try using that to see if the issue goes away. If that's not an option, it would probably be best to test this adapter in other locations and if the issue persists, have it tested by a Apple Authorized repair technician.

New macbook experience electric shock since the first plug on power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.