Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermediate Airplay connectivity through Sky router and MBP OS X 10.10.4

Hi,

I have been facing ever dropping Airplay connectivity from my mac book pro. In case the connectivity is there then the audio is intermittent. Video streaming is horrible. Mirroring is sluggish. Just defeats the purpose of Apple TV.

I have mac book pro running OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 and Apple TV running v7.2. I have tried options of bluetooth on and off. problem is persistent.

Is anyone having same problem. Any settings I have to do differently? Please help!!!

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 8:30 AM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2015 1:41 PM in response to MKO01

I had the same problems with Airplay and the Sky router, not just with Apple TV but with any Airplay enabled device. In the end my only solution was to get an Airport Extreme and use that as my main router/wireless access point since when Airplay hasn't had any problems. I can display mirror from my Macbook Pro and iPads, music from iPhone etc without any issue.

The Sky router connects to the Internet and in turn that is connected to the Airport's WAN port. All the fancy stuff is switched off in the Sky box, including WiFi. The Airport runs my home network quite happily. I even have a couple of Airport Express's dotted around the house to extend Wifi into the hard-to-reach places, and they also double up as Airport streamers for the bedroom HiFi. Worth the investment.

Intermediate Airplay connectivity through Sky router and MBP OS X 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.