Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac don’t find the wireless keyboard anymore

After installing Yosemite, my Apple wireless keyboard worked first fine. Then, I put my iMac to sleep, and when I tried to wake it up, it was very difficult. Succeeded finally. But since then, iMac haven’t found the keyboard at all. My wireless magic mouse is still working just fine.
I’ve done several things to fix the problem:

• re-built NVPRAM and SMC
  • chanced the batteries
  • unplugged / re-connected the USB devices
  • turned off / on the Bluetooth connection
  • turned on the Bluetooth sharing
  • turned off / on Wi-Fi connection
So, I’ve tried pretty much everything which has helped others to fix the same problem. But nothing helped me. 😟

Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 10:34 AM

Please test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. You may need a wired keyboard to carry out some of them. It's a good idea to keep a cheap wired keyboard and mouse or trackball as backups for a desktop Mac, because Bluetooth isn't completely reliable. Skip ansteps that you've already tried.

Step 1

If the keyboard is already paired with another device, either remove that pairing, turn off the device, or move it out of range (which might be further than you think.)

Step 2

Follow the instructions inthese support articles:

How to set up your Apple Wireless Keyboard

Apple Wireless Keyboard: Difficulty during pairing process

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Step 3

The keyboard should pair automatically when you restart the computer. You may have to press and hold the power button on the right side of an Apple keyboard until the LED starts flashing.

Step 4

Reset the System Management Controller.

Step 5

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 6

See these support articles:

Bluetooth keyboard may not pair during Setup Assistant

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

Bluetooth: Unreliable wireless performance may occur when USB 3.0 external devices are close

Step 7

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 10:34 AM in response to Zanahoria

Please test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. You may need a wired keyboard to carry out some of them. It's a good idea to keep a cheap wired keyboard and mouse or trackball as backups for a desktop Mac, because Bluetooth isn't completely reliable. Skip ansteps that you've already tried.

Step 1

If the keyboard is already paired with another device, either remove that pairing, turn off the device, or move it out of range (which might be further than you think.)

Step 2

Follow the instructions inthese support articles:

How to set up your Apple Wireless Keyboard

Apple Wireless Keyboard: Difficulty during pairing process

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Step 3

The keyboard should pair automatically when you restart the computer. You may have to press and hold the power button on the right side of an Apple keyboard until the LED starts flashing.

Step 4

Reset the System Management Controller.

Step 5

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 6

See these support articles:

Bluetooth keyboard may not pair during Setup Assistant

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

Bluetooth: Unreliable wireless performance may occur when USB 3.0 external devices are close

Step 7

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

iMac don’t find the wireless keyboard anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.