Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone calendar not syncing to Outlook

I have followed the steps outlined above and I managed to sync the contacts from my iPhone to Outlook 2013 (purchased via Office 365). But my iPhone calendar did not sync to Outlook, or if it did I can't find it. Any ideas about what I can try?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, Latest iTunes & Outlook2013 on Win7

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2017 11:31 AM

I had a similar issue, where suddenly events I put in the calendar on my phone were not showing up in the Outlook calendar on my Mac. I went through the steps outlined in this thread, but no luck. However, I went back into the individual problematic items in the phone calendar and realized they were set to "Calendar - Home" (whatever that is). When I manually changed them to "Calendar - Calendar," they appeared almost instantly in Outlook. I then went (on the iPhone) to Settings > Calendar and sure enough, the Default Calendar had been switched to "Home" for some reason. Switching that back to "Calendar" has fixed the issue.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2017 11:31 AM in response to AnySuggestionsWelcome

I had a similar issue, where suddenly events I put in the calendar on my phone were not showing up in the Outlook calendar on my Mac. I went through the steps outlined in this thread, but no luck. However, I went back into the individual problematic items in the phone calendar and realized they were set to "Calendar - Home" (whatever that is). When I manually changed them to "Calendar - Calendar," they appeared almost instantly in Outlook. I then went (on the iPhone) to Settings > Calendar and sure enough, the Default Calendar had been switched to "Home" for some reason. Switching that back to "Calendar" has fixed the issue.

Aug 6, 2017 11:40 AM in response to sheriflouis

PERFECT! Thank you. My iCloud sync had stopped working from iPhone to Outlook: adding new contacts on phone and they wouldn't pick up in Outlook. Followed your instructions, turned off Calendars and Contacts on iPhone, connected iPhone to computer, and synced in iTunes. Went back to iPhone and turned Calendars and Contacts back on. Now things I add in iPhone or computer are syncing both ways again. My new workaround whenever iCloud sync fails! THANK YOU! May do this anytime I update iTunes. That may be the trigger event that's been killing the connection.

Jul 26, 2015 8:20 PM in response to AnySuggestionsWelcome

I was told at an Apple Store today that with IOS 8.3, calendars no longer sycned from Outlook. I had set up appt. for another problem and I was so surprised, I said to the Apple employee," So Apple decided to make their devicesno longer sync to one of the largest market share calendars?" Employee just said, "It's a Microsoft-Apple thing." He then said there was a way to make it work, but it was so much trouble that no one would want to do it.

I said something like_ I know this wasn't your decision, but doesn't Apple realize that millions of people use Outlook, and that Outlook is often used in the course of these millions of people's employment?

He said something like - consider switching to gmail & use the associated calendar.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Outook 2013

Jul 26, 2015 11:08 PM in response to DirtTherapy

I really appreciate this reply. Thank you DirtTherapy. But I have invested a lot of info in my calendar and would like to transfer that. Can anyone point me in the direction of the trouble shooting steps that I can follow to resolve this? The sync was working fine on an older version of iTunes syncing with Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 PC.

Oct 9, 2015 3:22 PM in response to AnySuggestionsWelcome

If you connect your phone to your computer

open itunes

click on the phone

click info

and see: You calendars are being synced with your iPhone over the air..

go to you phone

settings

mail. calendars and contacts

under Accounts click on iCloud

turn off Calendars

go back to iTunes and you will see the option to sync with outlook.

you may do the same for the other synced data like contacts and bookmarks

Whatever that apple employee said is not true.

Oct 30, 2016 12:47 PM in response to AnySuggestionsWelcome

You have to choose "where" to synchronize with - either Outlook or the cloud. Contacts and calendars can be set up to sync with different places. If your iPhone is set to sync calendars or contacts with the icloud, then syncing them with Outlook via iTunes will not work. So be sure your iPhone settings are set NOT to sync calendar or contacts with the icloud. Let me know if you need more help.

Iphone calendar not syncing to Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.