Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay not playing properly

Hi,

I have been running my iPad 2 on iOs 7.x since about 1 year. When I got the iPad, I bought an Apple TV 3rd gen too, so I can stream movies, videos, photos, etc over airplay. Everything has been working fine for over a year.

A week ago, i decided to update my iPad to ios 8.4. My apple tv is up to date. This was probably the worst idea.

When I am on a website, e.g. the local news website here in Canada, I start a video on the iPad. Then, I bring up the Control Center, press Airplay, press Apple T, and the video starts on the TV. Everything is ok, until i put the ipad to sleep. The connection to the apple tv drops. I have to keep the ipad opened, which I NEVER had to do before the update. Now, depending on the website, here's what works: When in sleep, i press the lock button once to bring the lockscreen. Then, I can press a little play button on the lockscreen, and the video restarts on the TV. This is actually pretty annoying since I never had to do this before this week. This brings another problem:

Before the update, I could start a video, play on Apple TV, put the iPad to sleep, and use the Apple TV remote control to pause, fast foward or rewind the video. Now, it doens't work. When I press pause on the remote, it drops the connection, and I have to reopen the ipad.

I've read a LOT of forum about this, and nobody seems to be able to bring an answer?? No, it's not a problem with the router. As I said, it worked fine for about a year, and didn't change a thing in the router. It happened exactly as I updated.

My brother ipdated his iPad 3 , and he has the exact, same, problem.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 11:57 AM

1 reply

airplay not playing properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.