Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make a dvd disc image in Yosemite

I have a dvd I made of my mother's memorial service several years ago. I used iDVD to create the disc. Now, I want to make copies by creating a disc image and burning copies for family. Because of an upgrade, I am now using Yosemite which does not have iDVD. How can I create a disc image so that I can make copies of the disc so that my family members can have copies?

Thank you in advance.

Cayleen

24" iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 11:36 AM

8 replies

Jul 23, 2015 11:50 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you. I know how to burn the file to dvd. That cannot be played on a dvd player, however. My sister and brother do not have computers they can download the file to. It needs to be a disc image they can put into a dvd player. I made 2 copies when I'd initially made the DVD. I even made a disc image. But, earlier this year, my computer crashed and I was forced to upgrade to Yosemite. I lost the disc image when my computer crashed. I was hoping to recreate a disc image from the original DVD I'd burned.

Thanks

Jul 23, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Cayleen

Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

Insert your disk & select File > 'New image from Folder…' Select the base of your DVD for the 'folder'.

Select somewhere to save the disk image & allow it it complete.

Disk Utility should have the results added to the sidebar as a .dmg, select that & burn it via the 'Images menu > Burn'.

IMPORTANT: Test your disk works in a DVD player.

Repeat the burn step for each copy you need.

Roxio Toast makes this a little simpler or you could use Burn or many of the disc burning apps in the App store too.

http://roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net

Jul 24, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Drew Reece

I did not have to recreate the project and I am able to make a disc image. Although making the disc image is taking an incredibly long time. I looked into Burn and not sure it will work with Yosemite. What I was finding says something like, "still works with Panther". Same with Toast. I'm seeing people having issues with Toast 12. There is now a 14. But I have still not discounted either program.

Cayleen

Make a dvd disc image in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.