Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast episodes don't show on iPhone when refreshing list?

Normally I download all episodes in iTunes and then sync them onto my iPhone. When I go on road trips, and I'm away from my home computer, I have been unable to get any podcast to show the latest episodes. I was under the impression that I didn't always have to sync with my home computer to get episodes and that I should be able to download the newest ones anywhere I have internet access. Perhaps I was mistaken?

In the settings of my Podcast app, I have the "Subscribe" feature turned on. When I swipe down on the podcast that I want to update, the animated icon shows that it's "working", but then no new episodes show up. Yes, there are new episodes because the podcasts I subscribe to have a new one each day.

What am I doing wrong? I want to download episodes when I'm away from home.

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 1:50 PM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2015 1:59 PM in response to polishedstaple

Hello polishedstaple,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact behavior you are seeing in the Podcasts app. If you are having issues streaming or downloading podcast episodes directly to your iPhone, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Podcasts app for iOS: Stream, download, and subscribe to podcasts - Apple Support

Cheers

Jul 25, 2015 2:47 PM in response to polishedstaple

Hi polishedstaple,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. I'm sorry to hear that the article wasn't useful in your circumstance. Given the nature of the issues you are describing and your current configuration, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Cheers

Podcast episodes don't show on iPhone when refreshing list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.