Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I preview a book to my iPad mini (128MB), I get a message that says " Preview data transfer interrupted". I click OK and it continuously loads. I have to reboot to stop. when i reopen the book is there. I don't want to reboot each time.

When I preview a book to my iPad mini (128MB), I get a message that says " Preview data transfer interrupted". I click OK and it continuously loads. I have to reboot to stop. when I reopen the book is there. I don't want to reboot each time.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 3:31 PM

12 replies

Jul 27, 2015 11:35 AM in response to agoodkeenman

That worked. thanks, So easy and I didn't think of that. I split the iBook in half and the first half loads great. The second half gives me the "Preview data transfer interrupted", and crashes, so now I'm going through and deleting page by page to see which page is crashing the preview. Your recommendation saves me a ton of time. Thanks again

Jul 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to agoodkeenman

I narrowed it down to one Keynote presentation that was loaded on a page. I use the Keynote widget. I deleted it and then reloaded it the same way and that seemed to fix the problem. When it wasn't working and I kept getting the message when I Previewed it on my iPad, it still loaded after I had to force close iBooks. When I reopened iBooks it was there, though it over wrote the old book instead of loading a new one. Now that i fixed it, it loads a new one. Odd how it works sometimes......

Jul 29, 2015 4:21 PM in response to agoodkeenman

it has something to do with keynote 5.3 and audio, gif and perhaps movies. with just graphics or with v6.5.3 of keynote, does not happen, but then again, with v 6.5.3 you cannot loop audio, gifs or movies within a keynote within a widget. i've been having this problem for the good part of july as part of migrrating to v6.5.3 from keynote 09. i opened a problem with apple today and have a case number.

Jul 29, 2015 4:30 PM in response to Titleman_1

Sorry to say this guys but I've been seeing all the references to Audio and Keynote and other media and I should let you know:

This problem has occurred for me in different variations of IBA file (i.e. with different content) as follows...

• Multiple images, audio, video and custom html widgets
  • Only custom html widgets

But none of my IBA files that have the problem contain a Keynote presentation.

Unfortunately, contrary to my earlier theory... I have now experienced the same error in a smaller IBA file - around 60 MB in size!

So, apart from the work around of reloading the iBook, this is still an issue that I cannot say is resolved nor pinpoint a cause for.

Jul 29, 2015 6:01 PM in response to Pauli D

my guess at this point is that you created the iba files under iba 2.2. indeed you say that they contain audio and video. you switched to iba 2.3, which misbehaves on an iPad with the audio and video files, who suffixes might not even be the same as your original source. this is what is happening within keynote for me but i don't think it is a stretch that it would also happen natively in iba.

i don't use html widgets.

i think my preview data transfer would disappear if i started fresh with my keynotes by deleting the audio and gifs and then adding them back in with the new keynote and just stay away from iba 2.2 and keynote 09. i think i tried this but cannot loop anything in keynote because of the loop bug.

i am seriously considering trying this again, knowing more than i did the last time. i started doing this earlier in july, but quickly stopped because looping wasn't working in iba v2.3 in a keynote widget. apple directed me to export my keynote to keynote 09, which only magnified the preview failed problem. iOS doesn't have clean hands here also.

despite the fact that the software was changing my audio and gif suffixes, everything worked well with keynote 5.3 and iba 2.2.

Jul 29, 2015 6:33 PM in response to richard the old

Well, it's certainly true, I did originally create the iBook with the variety of content in IBA v 2.2. But it was subsequently saved a number of times in v 2.3.

The iBook that only contained html widgets was created on IBA v 2.2 originally but was also subsequently saved a number of times in v 2.3.

Both files did start displaying the error on preview after I'd updated to 2.3.

When I preview a book to my iPad mini (128MB), I get a message that says " Preview data transfer interrupted". I click OK and it continuously loads. I have to reboot to stop. when i reopen the book is there. I don't want to reboot each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.