Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDvd or alternative

I was forced to upgrade to Yosemite after my computer crashed. I now have the latest version of iMovie and no operating version of iDVD. Upon opening iDVD I get a message that my themes are missing. I know Apple's idea is to get away from DVD's but I am not even close to being there. I created DVDs to share with my family, and made 2 last year for family funerals. I hate that I cannot (at least that I am aware of) export .dv from iMovie and I hate even more that I don't know what to do without iDVD. I wanted to make a disc image of my mom's memorial service....only to discover I can't use iDVD for this purpose. Can someone offer some guidance? I'm not against purchasing another application, but wouldn't know where to start. Which is best? Can it make a disc image? Can I use it with iMovie? Any help you can offer is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Cayleen

24" iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 3:39 PM

If you have the old iDVD media that shipped with your old computer you can install it and continue using it in Yosemite. Just remember it is not supported by Apple, it will work but you are kind of on-your own. There is an iDVD forum that is still active, you can get to it by clicking:

iDVD

You can then ask more pointed questions about it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Cayleen

If you have the old iDVD media that shipped with your old computer you can install it and continue using it in Yosemite. Just remember it is not supported by Apple, it will work but you are kind of on-your own. There is an iDVD forum that is still active, you can get to it by clicking:

iDVD

You can then ask more pointed questions about it.

Jul 24, 2015 9:25 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you. I have my old computer backed up to a hard drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. I went into the files of that HD and found that although the idvd application did transfer to Yosemite when I restored, it had not restored the file in Application Support. I transferred it over and I'm up and running. Although it took 4 hours to make the disc image for something that was 40 minutes long, at least I have the disc image.

Thank you for your help.

Cayleen

iDvd or alternative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.