Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to iTunes, security certificate errors, can't update iOS or iTunes

When I open iTunes, I get several security certificate errors -- clicking either cancel or continue doesn't help -- they just keep coming. I've read online that I need to update my iTunes and operating system (which I do), but I can't do either of those without iTunes. On the rare chances that I do get past the certificate error messages, iTunes says it can't connect to the internet when I try to check for updates.

I've tried checking my system date and time. I have also tried going to Keychain access and repairing keychain stuff.

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 6:05 PM

1 reply

Can't connect to iTunes, security certificate errors, can't update iOS or iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.