Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod classic stops playing

my iPod classic stops playing music half way thru the songs. I also noticed that this is happening on my laptop. There must be something wrong with the drives. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, what can be done to fix it.

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 6:40 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Kpalmeri

Since the Classic does not rely on an internet connection, perhaps the problem is with the file on your computer. If that file is faulty, then when it is copied onto your iPod Classic, the same fault will be there too.

• So first of all, is this a problem with just one song, or more than one? If it's more than one, start with one song and check the following:
  • Does the music stop at the same time on both your iPod and in iTunes? If it does, that suggests that there is a problem with the file on your computer. In that case, if the song was a download, can you download it again? If you obtained the song from a CD, import the song again from the CD.
  • If the music stops at different places on the iPod and iTunes, that suggests a problem with both the copy on the computer and a separate problem with the iPod.

What have you discovered?

My iPod classic stops playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.