Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is 1st Choice Tech Support in South Florida legit?

Is 1st Choice Tech Support in South Florida legit? While doing search today got Error msg might have virus and then Safari box showed telling me to contact tech support. # was for So Florida at 1st Choice. As could not x out of Error screen, I called. 1st Choice took control of computer and did system analysis. Also used Webfoot Secure Anywhere. No money was given. Feedback? What do I do now? Do I need to bring my computer for a 'manual tuneup by a certified tech and request virus and infection removal' (cost quoted about $350 and 5-7 days needed) as instructed by Harry the 1st Choice technician??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 6:57 PM

7 replies

Jul 23, 2015 7:58 PM in response to Clerje

Clerje wrote:

Not sure how to do that. Is it easy? Would the tech have copied some of my info or imbedded something 'not good'?

You gave a dishonest stranger access to your computer, so you should be very concerned that something "not good" has been done. Do you have a recent backup that you could restore after erasing the HD? If you are not technically savvy, you should probably get help with this. You might want to go to an Apple Store for help, if there is one in your area.

Is 1st Choice Tech Support in South Florida legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.