Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my pictures from my old broken phone to my new phone

my old iphone 4 got destroyed in vegas, and ii want the pictures off of it that were in my icloud/photo stream. im using the same itunes log in but ii cant figure out how to get all my old pictures...

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 9:33 PM

4 replies

Jul 23, 2015 10:49 PM in response to amcracchiolo

but ii cant figure out how to get all my old pictures...

Enable My Photo Stream on your new device as described here:

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/HT203511

Older photos may no longer be in iCloud. Which photos are you seeing in My Photo Stream? My Photo Stream is only storing the photos added during the last month in iCloud, and also at most 1000 photos. The photos you added longer ago will no longer be in iCloud. You cannot restore them from iCloud.

Have you tried to restore the new iPhone from a backup of your old iPhone 4? An iCloud backup or iTunes backup will include all photos that are in the camera roll, see: iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Jul 23, 2015 11:35 PM in response to amcracchiolo

Do you have older backups on a computer with iTunes? Then you should be able to select the last backup of your old iPhone.

iTunes

1. Connect your device to the computer that you stored your backup on.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes tells you there's an iOS update, get the latest version.
  3. Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you're using Windows and don’t see a File menu, press the Alt key.
  4. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant.
  5. Click restore and wait for the process to finish. Your device will restart and then sync with your computer. Stay connected until the sync finishes.

how do i get my pictures from my old broken phone to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.