Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with previous owner's ID

Bought a second hand iPad and although I have deleted previous owner's ID, it comes up again when I try to Update Apps. This is the only time it happens. I have checked My Apple ID account and my address is the only one coming up as primary or any other address. I use my ID to download apps but when I try to update them, the previous owner's id comes up. Why? Why doesn't iTunes use the address saved in the account, ie, mine? Any help??? Thank you

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 11:22 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2015 12:18 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Thanks for your reply. Since iPad is now in my hands I followed the advice on what to do after selling the device. However, at the step where I have to delete the address from iCloud, no ID came up! (I don't use it). So I couldn't really follow the rest of the steps.

Could the whole problem be a malfunction of the iPad, or does it certainly have to do with settings still stored in ipad from previous owner?

COuld a reset help?

Problem with previous owner's ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.