Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting logged out of FaceTime due to keychain access

I have an iPhone 6, a new iPad mini and a new Macbook. I use iCloud across all of these without a problem except for with FaceTime. When I try to log in on my phone or iPad I get immediately logged out, but when I try to log in on my Macbook it logs me in and then a pop up appears advising that FaceTime wants to use your confidential access stored in "IDS: (my email)-AuthToken" in your keychain. Regardless of if I select always allow, deny or allow I am immediately logged out.

I used to use iCloud regularly across all my devices so I'm not sure what has changed.

I have tried changing my iCloud password but this has not worked. I have also tried troubleshooting the keychain.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), also a problem for iphone 6, ipad mini

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 8:16 AM

I have also tried troubleshooting the keychain.

How?

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 12:44 AM in response to Linc Davis

I opened keychain access and did the keychain first aid (which found no problems) and then I also opened the troubleshooting advice which said I should sync the keychain login and use password, this didn't help.

From what I can tell whenever I try to log in to FaceTime a temporary keychain is added.

I'm not sure if it's relevant or not but the login and local items keychains are unlocked while the system is locked. Also, when I go to system preferences > iCloud, keychain is not ticked.

Getting logged out of FaceTime due to keychain access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.