Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to deal with mass photos?

(Is this Photos or iCloud issue?) How to deal w mass (35,000) photos on all my devices (MacBook Pro (2013-12), iPhone 6 (2015-06), iPad 2)? When I bought my iPhone 6 (2015-05-31) I turned on iCloud Photo Library/Optimize Storage/ My Photo Stream, as I had on my other devices with the updates that included Photo app. Suddenly mass of pics started downloading into my 64GB iPhone, slowing it down & after 45+ days, has 29GB free space! My iPad is useless for looking at photos as they are in the cloud & each photo, if available, takes 30-60 seconds to download from icloud. And my MacBook doesn't have the most recent month of pics in Photos! Help! Called Apple Care 5 days ago, after 3 hr I still had no answers, just suggestions to read articles in iCloud Help, talk to others & see what they do, do OnetoOne session (have appointment for next week). So Im coming to you. What am I doing wrong that is causing these incredible devices to not function with Photos?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 8:29 AM

My iPad is useless for looking at photos as they are in the cloud & each photo, if available, takes 30-60 seconds to download from icloud

And without downloading the photos are horribly blurry and not fit to be shown to anyone.

I disabled iCloud Photo Library on the iPad. This way I can sync it again with iTunes and upload the Favorites and selected albums quickly using a USB connection.

On my iPhone the optimized versions suffice, so I can browse the photos without downloading. Here I kept iCloud Photo Library active.

And my MacBook doesn't have the most recent month of pics in Photos!

Where did you look for them? Photos does not create monthly Photo Stream albums like iPhoto did. You will find the most recent photos in the Moments or at the bottom of the All Photos Album. Or create a smart album with the singe rule "Date is in the range ...." and set the date range to the month of the missing photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 8:29 AM in response to annefromky

My iPad is useless for looking at photos as they are in the cloud & each photo, if available, takes 30-60 seconds to download from icloud

And without downloading the photos are horribly blurry and not fit to be shown to anyone.

I disabled iCloud Photo Library on the iPad. This way I can sync it again with iTunes and upload the Favorites and selected albums quickly using a USB connection.

On my iPhone the optimized versions suffice, so I can browse the photos without downloading. Here I kept iCloud Photo Library active.

Where did you look for them? Photos does not create monthly Photo Stream albums like iPhoto did. You will find the most recent photos in the Moments or at the bottom of the All Photos Album. Or create a smart album with the singe rule "Date is in the range ...." and set the date range to the month of the missing photos.

Jul 27, 2015 11:42 AM in response to léonie

Leonie,

Thank you for your very clear help. Here is an update to 2 of my issues.

I will definitely disable iCloud Photo Library on my iPad, and up load selected albums and Favorites. I have not tried it yet as I have an appointment with Apple One to One on Thursday. I want them to see what is going on with my iPad in case this is connected with a larger problem. I will keep you posted.

I have been looking for these current photos in Moments. The last 2 photos were taken on 6-25-2015. There are several more from that day as well as a total of 54 pictures that are missing to date. Great suggestion to create a Smart Album. I set up the rule "Date is in the range of 6-25-2015 to 7-27-2015". This did not bring in any more photos unfortunately. If you have any other thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps I will get answers in the Apple One to One session.

Thank you,

Anne

how to deal with mass photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.