Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac's superdrive no longer works. Is there an external superdrive that I can use?

I purchased an Apple USB Superdrive. Apparently, those are not compatible with any iMacs that already have a built in superdrive. Are there any third party devices that should be compatible with my iMac? OS 10.6.8. 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 7:56 AM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2015 8:05 AM in response to paulmont

If for some reason you don't like the LG offerings go to www.macsales.com, because they specialize in Macs they only sell products that work with them. They have a wide variety of external DVD drives. You can choose one that fits your needs. They also have free pre-sales support so they can help direct you to one that comes closest.

Good luck.

My iMac's superdrive no longer works. Is there an external superdrive that I can use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.