Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes library wont show up in remote app or apple tv with firewall disabled or enabled.

Ill keep it short. Im trying to use the remote app to control my itunes library. I have an iphone 5s and an ipad mini on 8.4, and I also have an apple tv. Before updating to itunes 12.2.1.16 (64 bit), the remote app was perfect. Itunes library showed up on the app and apple tv everytime. Now, it just shows up whenever.

After tinkering around with my firewall for HOURS, I've gotten the little airplay symbol to show up next to the volume slider and ive been able to connect to my library from the app multiple times. But then when I close itunes and reopen it with the same firewall settings, the airplay symbol is gone, and cannot be seen in the app or with apple tv. At this point im not sure if its itunes, or my firewall. Ive gotten my library to show up with the firewall enabled and disabled, but i havent found a way to keep it from going away. Before posting this i disabled my firewall, and now my itunes library can be seen, but i know as soon as i close itunes, and reopen it, it will no longer be seen. Whenever i get it to work, and close itunes, its gone.

Im really at my ends wit right now, I dont know what else to do.😢

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 7:02 AM

There are no replies.

itunes library wont show up in remote app or apple tv with firewall disabled or enabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.