Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My secondary iCloud account is showing up as inactive in System Preferences with a message This is not your primary iCloud account. no details.

My secondary iCloud account suddenly showed up as inactive in System Preferences, and when I click on in, the message is: This is not your primary iCloud. There are 3 big question marks next to the Details button, and when I click on Details, I only get the account name. I don't need this secondary account active for photos or all the other stuff, as I have a large amount of space in my primary iCloud account/drive. I want to activate the secondary account—as it always has been, until yesterday—so that I can get the emails people send to that email address. If there's a way to adjust settings/preferences so that emails coming into any of my addresses are filtered directly into my primary iCloud account, I'd happily do that. Any help appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iCloud issues

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 9:49 AM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2015 9:17 AM in response to PauletteApril

Hi PauletteApril,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your secondary iCloud account isn't behaving, and you'd like to receive email from this account.

You can forward the email to your primary iCloud account (or another email address) using the steps in iCloud: Forward all messages automatically.

Alternately, to troubleshoot the situation I'd recommend removing and re-adding the account in System Preferences > Internet Accounts:

OS X Yosemite: Add your Twitter, Facebook, and other Internet Accounts

Select the account you want to stop using, then do one of the following:

Remove the account and turn off its features: Click the Remove button User uploaded file.

1. Click the Add button User uploaded file, then click iCloud, Yahoo!, or another type of account you have.

If you want to add a type of account that isn’t listed, such as your company or school server, click Add Other Account on the right, then select the type of account you want to add. If you don’t know the type of account, ask your network administrator.

2. Enter your account name, password, and other requested information, then click Set Up.

3. If the account you added has a list of features on the right, select the ones you want to use.

Cheers.

My secondary iCloud account is showing up as inactive in System Preferences with a message This is not your primary iCloud account. no details.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.