Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any info on Macs and the ZEUS Trojan malware? My Cable provider has sent us an alert. We changed our Airport password but they still say we have an alert.

ZEUS Trojan malware and our Macs?

My Cable provider has sent us an alert. We changed our Airport password but they still say we have an alert.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 10:01 AM

10 replies

Jul 24, 2015 11:53 AM in response to SoCalChrisBee

You could review the articles, issues, and possible answers set forth here at TheSafeMac (now part of another site)

and also try their free version of anti-malware/adware software that originated with Thomas Reed's adware medic...

Another item to check may be to see if the wireless router has an issue.

• Tech Guides - malware, adware, performance; and adware removal guide, etc.

http://www.thesafemac.com/tech-guides/

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Jul 24, 2015 12:19 PM in response to SoCalChrisBee

More information on Zeus here.

Since you have no Windows computers, there are only two ways Comcast could be seeing Zeus.

1) You have Windows running in a virtual machine on your Mac, such as Parallels or VMware, and that copy of Windows is infected.

2) Your network is not protected and someone else with an infected Windows computer is riding on your wireless signal.

If neither of those are true, then it's a false positive.

Jul 24, 2015 8:25 PM in response to SoCalChrisBee

Hey, my fellow Bee!

Comcast sent me a similar emails. Twice. They wanted me to download a so-called "anti-virus" carpool, because all of their PC users need it. They have never recognized that Mac users are 99% free of computer scourges. (Except if the user go to X-rated sites, or uses Torrents to get "free" music, etc.)

After the 2nd notice, I sent them an email stating that I was using a Mac.

I haven't heard from them again after 2 years.

Any info on Macs and the ZEUS Trojan malware? My Cable provider has sent us an alert. We changed our Airport password but they still say we have an alert.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.