Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant burn a playlist to a cd

I created a new playlist in iTunes and tried to burn it to a cd and got pop up message saying that I need to add the items to the playlist and to check the box next to each item. in the playlist I created there are no boxes to check. So I created a new playlist and moved the songs from the first playlist to the new one and the same thing happened. no boxes to check and I still cant burn it to a cd. I am running windows 7 ultimate on a Heinz 57 variety computer with the latest version of iTunes.

Heinz 57 variety, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:40 PM

I'm having the same problem with iTunes 12.2.1.16: unable to burn a playlist to CD. I'm using a Windows 8.1 PC. I can burn other things to CD, so I know that the CD burner is ok. I got new CD-R's, and the problem persisted. I deleted the playlist and created a new one, and the problem persisted. Would welcome other ideas. Didn't have this problem until I upgraded to iTunes 12.2.1.16.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 12:40 PM in response to hos21

I'm having the same problem with iTunes 12.2.1.16: unable to burn a playlist to CD. I'm using a Windows 8.1 PC. I can burn other things to CD, so I know that the CD burner is ok. I got new CD-R's, and the problem persisted. I deleted the playlist and created a new one, and the problem persisted. Would welcome other ideas. Didn't have this problem until I upgraded to iTunes 12.2.1.16.

Aug 28, 2015 10:56 AM in response to joyceheflin

I had the same problem. I corrected it by going into "edit playlist" which then lists ALL your songs. You have to go and check each one that is in your playlist. The problem is, other than being really tedious, these songs will now sync to your iphone unless you go in and uncheck them. Way to go itunes. You made your system way harder to use.

i cant burn a playlist to a cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.