Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Streaming Problems In Safari

Streaming video in Safari after my upgrade to Yosemite is terrible. Its always stopping and stalling, especially when I am in another app and overall, i have to constantly quit Safari or restart as its also not working at all in google street view trying to go from house to house up a street. I constantly have to reload pages, or just quit the program and its getting old.

Also, many times its just stalling loading anything.

Its really beyond anyone, Chrome is worse, so really, what are my choices for better streaming and performance. Clocking 28mbps, so its not my connection.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 256GB SSD, 32GB Ram

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:03 PM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Jul 25, 2015 11:10 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

Actually, it does not help. Many times, nothing is happening, its just sits there and i have to reload pages 1 or 2 times. This happens all the time, across all web sites. it just sits there partially loading pages. This is beyond frustrating. Just trying to load Gmail, it gets 1/3 of the way and stops. Only when i reload does it finally do something. Makes me want to throw the think out the window and get a pc.

Jul 30, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Chris Winkler1

Safari is still doing the same old thing, as is Chrome, it fails to open, it stalls at 12.5% open, Constant video streaming problems Constantly Failed To Open Page warnings. I then try again and it loads right away. Quit the software and it works fine for a few, then the same old same old.

My download speeds are 28mbps, can anyone help me figure out what the heck is the is issue???

Video Streaming Problems In Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.