Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV + Airport Express + projecting signal

I have an Apple TV Airport Express 802.11N and attempting to connect/project via Airplay. I can connect and display Apple TV signal but cannot get my device screens to display via Airplay. I have been successful with this before but am at a loss.

-I have successfully established wireless network (no internet connection desired)

-The IOS devices all detect the new network

-I have selected the network in the Apple TV

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Airport -OTHER

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 10:56 AM

8 replies

Jul 24, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank you for your reply!

I did follow the instructions you shared and everything is set. **The one noteworthy item was the Apple TV's bluetooth kept "searching" for devices. I do not know if it needs to discover something or not.**

So I am still eager to solve my problem and thank you in advance for suggestions.

Jul 24, 2015 2:23 PM in response to MrLees

**The one noteworthy item was the Apple TV's bluetooth kept "searching" for devices. I do not know if it needs to discover something or not.**

Actually this is normal operation for the latest (currently v6.1) Apple TVs and iOS devices running v7.1+. Apple TVs now scan for AirPlay-compatible sources over Bluetooth. Prior to that they relied on Bonjour to connect to those sources.

Jul 26, 2015 9:23 AM in response to MrLees

The only other thing I can think of is that you HDTV may not be configured properly to display the AirPlay Mirroring stream coming from your Mac or iOS device.

From the Apple Support article:

Many HDTVs apply picture-quality enhancements to improve the look of film and video, but those enhancements aren't always best for computer images. Check your HDTV manual for information about how to adjust your HDTV settings for use with a computer. Your HDTV might offer a more suitable viewing mode, such as computer mode or game mode. Also try adjusting settings such as sharpness, detail enhancement, and noise reduction.

Jul 26, 2015 10:37 AM in response to Tesserax

Thank you again but this is not my application or challenge.

This situation involves projecting to a classroom Smart Board.

I had successfully accomplished this with an older version of the Airport Express (same room, same board, same setup, similar hardware).

I am trying to connect using newer hardware (see above) and am scratching my head.

Anyone?

Jul 27, 2015 4:20 PM in response to MrLees

Thank you again but this is not my application or challenge.

This situation involves projecting to a classroom Smart Board.

Sorry, but I have assumed that you were attempting to stream to a HDTV. It would help if you provided the details in your original post.

At this point, all I could offer is that if you have an HDTV available to try using this to verify that you can mirror to it. If so, then the issue will, most likely, be the Smart Board (or its settings).

Apple TV + Airport Express + projecting signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.