Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete reminder with date/time alert

Hi,

I use "reminders" quite a bit. I have it synced on my iPhone6 and macbook pro.

The syncing generally works fine although I do get a bit confused between gmail accounts and icloud accounts. But thats an aside...

I have a problem on the mac which is that if I have a reminder on there which is set to alert on a date then repeat (which I sometimes do to make sure I eventually do it), I cannot delete the reminder. So when I have done that task I mark it as complete, it dissappears for a second then the alert is triggered and the reminder is back on my list.

I have tried removing the alert on the reminder, but as soon as I do so the alert is triggered again and it reverts back to the alert with repeat option. I cannot get rid of it!!

I wondered if it was reappearing because it was immediately syncing with my phone again but I have tried deleting the reminder off the mac with both wifi and mobile data turned off and it still happens.

A bug or am I missing a setting?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 7:44 AM

What version of the OS are you using? Your profile shows 10.10, but this is the 10.8 community.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and uncheck Reminders syncing. Try to delete the reminder. Then resume syncing. Does the reminder show up?

If that doesn't work, try going to iCloud.com and delete the reminder there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2015 7:44 AM in response to Edwards_Dad

What version of the OS are you using? Your profile shows 10.10, but this is the 10.8 community.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and uncheck Reminders syncing. Try to delete the reminder. Then resume syncing. Does the reminder show up?

If that doesn't work, try going to iCloud.com and delete the reminder there.

Cannot delete reminder with date/time alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.