Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I create albums in iPhoto, can I then delete those pics off my phone and not loose them?

I need to free up space on my phone but am afraid of deleting the photos... if I create albums in iPhoto and move the pics there, are they safe to delete off my phone then? Or do I need to export them to a file on my macbook?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 2:17 PM

Do you mean albums in iPhoto on your Mac or albums in iPhoto on your iPhone?

If you delete photos on your iPhone, they will vanish from any album on your iPhone that is using the photos.

Download the photos to your Mac. If you already imported them to iPhoto on your Mac and they are are showing in events, they are save and will not be deleted, when you delete them from your iPhone. Check if all photos you want to delete from your iPhone are in events in your Mac iPhoto Library or in a folder on your Desktop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 2:17 PM in response to cliffie72

Do you mean albums in iPhoto on your Mac or albums in iPhoto on your iPhone?

If you delete photos on your iPhone, they will vanish from any album on your iPhone that is using the photos.

Download the photos to your Mac. If you already imported them to iPhoto on your Mac and they are are showing in events, they are save and will not be deleted, when you delete them from your iPhone. Check if all photos you want to delete from your iPhone are in events in your Mac iPhoto Library or in a folder on your Desktop.

If I create albums in iPhoto, can I then delete those pics off my phone and not loose them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.