Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport TC setup

New TC purchased today but unable to set up!

BT Infinity via Home Hub3, ethernet cable from hub to WAN socket on the TC, power up and amber light is blinking. AP Utility is seeing the TC but eventually get a 'unexpected error has occurred. Try again.' message. Internet connection is fine, any suggestions would be most welcome.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, Airport utility 6.3.5

Robb H

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), AirPort Time Capsule

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Using the AirPort Utility under OS X Yosemite has been somewhat problematic, specifically with wireless connections. The issue is related to how DNS has been implemented in the latest release of the Apple operating system. However, the latest build (10.10.4) which you have, should have resolved that ... but we keep seeing these types of posts.

One option is to temporarily connect your iMac directly to your new Time Capsule (TC) using an Ethernet cable, and then, use the AirPort Utility to configure it for your networking goals. Please give that a try and post back your results ... either way. If it doesn't work, we have some other things you can try.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2015 1:54 PM in response to robbfrommorpeth

Using the AirPort Utility under OS X Yosemite has been somewhat problematic, specifically with wireless connections. The issue is related to how DNS has been implemented in the latest release of the Apple operating system. However, the latest build (10.10.4) which you have, should have resolved that ... but we keep seeing these types of posts.

One option is to temporarily connect your iMac directly to your new Time Capsule (TC) using an Ethernet cable, and then, use the AirPort Utility to configure it for your networking goals. Please give that a try and post back your results ... either way. If it doesn't work, we have some other things you can try.

Jul 27, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Tesserax

Tesserax,

Sorry for the delayed reply, family intrusions over the weekend and couldn't log on last evening!

Tried connecting iMac and TC via ethernet but no joy, however, your comment re the Yosemite OS X got me thinking, not something that comes easy these days.

I decided to try communicating with the TC using my iPad and connected immediately, set up a new network and password. iMac found the new network and connected without any problem so I'm now up and running with no flashing amber.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, take care.

Robb H

Airport TC setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.