Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find lost ipod without app

Hi everyone, I am trying to find out if there is anyway possible to find my wifes ipod touch. She misplaced it last friday while packing for a trip and has been in agony every since without her music!! It was registered on icloud but not listed in the devices section, I have the serial number for it but cant seem to get any kind of direction to go without knowing what is actually installed on her ipod.

HELP Please Help!!

any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2015 12:29 PM in response to synapsis4.0

lost/stolen

No app on the iOS device is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod/iPhone/iPad on the iOS device in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected or cellular data is on and connected for, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or continue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iOS device and have the device play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the device and report to police and carrier if iPhone or cellular iPad

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the erase (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 or later on the device. With iOS 7 or later, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

how to find lost ipod without app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.