Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garage band sound problem

Im trying to raise the volume of a finished garage band song. When i go to master track i use the audio peak limiter to make the track louder. This works in garage band and i can here a huge difference but when i export it to itunes its the same sound as it would be if i didnt use the audio peak limiter. Why is the sound not exporting right?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 3:11 PM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2015 4:05 PM in response to ryanger

There is a problem with any upgrade you did. I had the same issue. It also had popping and buzzing in iTunes. It crashed and fried my hard drive. The only way to get systems to function is to do a clean install of all the upgrades. There is a new "patched" version, 10.2 of Garageband that works in the new protocols. It will export at volume and sound way better. You will have to pay 5 bucks for it now .It will also have very few loops and zero software instruments. You will have to re-load any that you want. I add all the Ben Boldt volumes. Backup anything you want in your library and re-install. I could never get the old Garageband to output at volume doing anything. It works fabulous on the new drive. I hope they clean up Garageband to the old functionality. So far, with little tests, it is okay.

garage band sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.