Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync audiobooks from iTunes to my iPod nano?

I have an older iPod nano....not sure which version...I think 4th. I have always be able to sync audiobooks to it from my iMac. But I tried to update it with some new audiobooks that are in my iTunes library, and they won't sync. I have checked the boxes on the iPod audiobooks page....no go....I tried following the directions to check the "add manually" button...still even though it looked like I was able to drag the audiobook file into the iPod on my iMac, it would not sync. There used to be a number of audiobooks on my iPod, now all are gone and it says "no audiobooks.Sync from iTunes."

I'm wondering if the new Apple music update is the problem? However, my music is still on the iPod and it will download podcasts from iTunes.

Any suggestions?

iPod nano (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:55 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 6:31 AM in response to Brett L

Thanks for your help, Brett....I did look into a manual. I actually contacted Audible for help and found out that there has been a glitch with moving audiobooks from iTunes into iPods since the newest iTunes update...12.2. They are working on it. I'm supposed to hear from them in the next day or so. In the meantime, I can play my audiobooks on the Audible app on my iPhone....but since I'm traveling, I wanted my iphone to be free for use....that's why I wanted to download the books to my iPod nano.

it was good to hear that I don't need to purchase a new iPod....I was told that my iPod should still be able to play the audiobooks once they figure out how to move them.

How do I sync audiobooks from iTunes to my iPod nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.