Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy an iphone6 in Vancouver will it work on EE IN THE UK.

IF I buy an iPhone 6 in Vancouver will it work ok in the UK on EE.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 1:01 PM

As long as it is not locked and you can get a SIM from the UK provider that works in an iPhone 6.

14 replies

Jul 24, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Terryfrombolton

Its likely going to work fine on 3g.

However:

1. The warranty is going to be valid only in Canada, so if anything happens you will have to bring it back to get it looked at and serviced.

2. While general 3G usage will work fine, LTE/4G may or may not depending on the bands used by the carrier you wish to use it with.

3. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there s an import tax associated with bringing electronic devices into the U.K. So you may need to pay a tax when you get back.

Jul 24, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Kappy

Technically and Politically that may be true since they defer to Queen Elizabeth... But the reason warranties are country specific is because of the bands being used by the carriers, which to my knowledge are very different in Canada to those used in the U.K.

Everytihng I can find points to the fact the warranty will be limited to Canada.

I'd be very interested in any actual experience with a Canadian iPhone being serviced under Warranty in the U.K.

Jul 28, 2015 11:51 AM in response to AKRBTN

AKRBTN wrote:

Um...news to me.

Then you are woefully under informed.

Canada

See also: Name of Canada

The term Dominion is employed in the Constitution Act, 1867 (originally the British North America Act, 1867), and describes the resulting political union. Specifically, the preamble of the act states: "Whereas the Provinces of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick have expressed their Desire to be federally united into One Dominion under the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, with a Constitution similar in Principle to that of the United Kingdom..." Furthermore, Sections 3 and 4 indicate that the provinces "shall form and be One Dominion under the Name of Canada; and on and after that Day those Three Provinces shall form and be One Dominion under that Name accordingly".

If I buy an iphone6 in Vancouver will it work on EE IN THE UK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.