Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac Mini and my parents are using it and this morning it has a flashing folder with a question mark, I have tried everything to fix it but even in recovery mode it will not allow me to do anything because it is greyed out

I have a Mac Mini and my parents are using it and this morning it has a flashing folder with a question mark, I have tried everything to fix it but even in recovery mode it will not allow me to do anything because it is greyed out. Also it says Disk0 then underneath it Mac basestation but all the fixes that I read it says it should say Macintosh HD and it doesn't. I have tried disk utility and there is nothing to pick for start up. Any info I would appreciate

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 4:00 PM

5 replies

I have a Mac Mini and my parents are using it and this morning it has a flashing folder with a question mark, I have tried everything to fix it but even in recovery mode it will not allow me to do anything because it is greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.