Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to save my songs created in garage band into the GB music library folder?

I have a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.7.5. Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I'm creating music in Garage Band '09, version 5.1 (398).

I used to be able to save my music to the music folder in Garage Band. Now when I Save, I can only save to my desktop on my computer. How can I save to the GB music folder. I looked in the GB app, music folder and I don't see the songs that I saved.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 4:31 PM

4 replies

Jul 24, 2015 4:46 PM in response to director2b

When you Save (or Save As) a Project File in GarageBand (or a file in virtually any app), you will be prompted with a so-called Save Dialog, that contains a popup menu on top that lets you navigate to the folder on your hard drive where you want to save the file.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 24, 2015 8:47 PM in response to director2b

Does it look something like that?

User uploaded file

The Save Dialog has a little Disclosure Triangle button next to the Save As field. This toggles the view of the Save Dialog between full navigation controls and minimum controls. When you click on the "Where" popup menu you will get the same items you have in your Finder Sidebar setup. If you can't find your location, then switch with the disclosure triangle to the big view.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 25, 2015 3:15 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

I clicked on the triangle, and saw the pop-up menu. Garage Band was on the list, but it was grayed out. Very weird. Then, I clicked on my "Home" location and saw the the categorized list of things I have on my computer, e.g. applications, documents, downloads,....music. Clicked on music, and then found the founder for Garage Band. I was finally able to save my song into the folder. I never had to go through all of these steps before to save a song. I don't know what changed. Thanks a lot for helping.

how to save my songs created in garage band into the GB music library folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.