Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to read battery sensor TB3T error

Don't know what happened to my previous post, but it disappeared. So I'm trying again:

I have compared two A1322 batteries. When running the hardware test, one shows FAILURE, the other one PASSED.

The error reads: Temp (TB3T) - Battery temperature... ERROR -- 1 [Unable to read sensor]

How is it possible that two batteries of the same kind with the same 020-6764-A part number show different results? Those batteries are OEM, showing "Designed by Apple California, Made in China". Interestingly, the same error also occurred with a battery that was from a different brand (MTEC), which claimed to use the highest quality standards and part number 020-6547-A.

Is it possible that all these batteries use some of the same components from the same manufacturer in China? And perhaps some older models have a flaw or defect resulting in the sensor error? I don't know whether this is a problem, since these batteries are supposed to have internal protection, but the sensor error, as far as I can tell, causes the battery to always report the same temperature.

Here some info about the batteries:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 6:16 PM

2 replies

Unable to read battery sensor TB3T error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.