Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I whitelist area codes on my iPhone 4?

Please READ THIS THROUGH before you reply!

I have lived on the west coast for 5 years. Because I have a 216 (Ohio) area code I consistently get calls starting at 5am from random salespeople that think I still live on the East Coast. I have branded with this number, changing it is not an option at this time. Obviously I can't select the numbers I want to blacklist. For this reason I need to be able to just whitelist the local area codes. I do sales from my line, so just allowing my contacts will clearly not work either.

I have had a serious problem figuring out how to do this very simple thing. I just switched from Android to iPhone, and I had an app called "Mr Number" that did this beautifully. HOWEVER - even then, their reply was "you can't do that." I figured out on my own that YES - you can! Mr Number allowed you to whitelist numbers starting with the AREA CODE. Many programs do this. To whitelist you just have to stop at the Area code! The problem seems to be that since I am asking to use this feature in the reverse of "norm" it throws people off. Basically any program that will allow you to blacklist an area code will also whitelist one.

I am looking for an app here, but not able to find one in the app store. Will someone please help?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jul 24, 2015 9:06 PM

8 replies

Jul 29, 2015 10:12 AM in response to vsings

Feisty feisty,

If you want help, you have to be courteous to those who have replied.

Plus, I don't understand what you want to do, so I ask for clarification points.

Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to access the phone feature on the iPhone... so you can't black/whitelist area codes unless you port and route your number through a VoIP provider.

The things I need clarification on:

1. Are 5am calls a good thing or a bad thing?

If bad, configure DnD accordingly between 12am and 6am (or whatever time you are awake here)

Record a voicemail explain the timezone difference and you will followup accordingly.

FYI, In the business world of IT, talk to your telephone provider for your office, have them port out your mobile number and forward it to your deskphone. We do this all the time with reps who relocate to different states.

How can I whitelist area codes on my iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.