Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I upload from iCloud to iPad with Numbers

I accidentally wiped my files in Numbers from my iPad but they are all backed up in iCloud. Is there any way to put them back on my iPad. it seems to be a one way system.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 5:11 AM

What makes you think that the files are still in iCloud? Did you go to iCloud.com, log in and look to see if they were still there?

If you wiped them from the iPad and you are using iCloud Drive, the documents are gone. Using iCloud keeps all of you files in sync across devices so if you delete something on the iPad, it is deleted in iCloud as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2015 5:11 AM in response to lambertnick

What makes you think that the files are still in iCloud? Did you go to iCloud.com, log in and look to see if they were still there?

If you wiped them from the iPad and you are using iCloud Drive, the documents are gone. Using iCloud keeps all of you files in sync across devices so if you delete something on the iPad, it is deleted in iCloud as well.

Jul 27, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Demo

TThank you for your reply Demo, the reason that my files disappeared was because I turned off iCloud in settings On my iPad. I did go to iCloud and saw my files there and have now downloaded them. I had to delete the app on my iPad, reinstall it, then go to settings, Numbers, and switch on 'use iCloud' and then they appeared.

how do I upload from iCloud to iPad with Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.