Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preparing multiple budgets for client

Hey guys,

At the moment I am preparing multiple budgets for a client, in Numbers, I don't know how to do this effectively and would like some help.

I want to present multiple budgets ranging from low-budget, mid and high-budget options. These options would have to be as transparant as possible letting the client see what he gets per budget.

I have tried the personal budget template, provided by Numbers, but I can't figure out how to add multiple options.

Can you guys kindly help me with this?

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 3:52 AM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2015 4:35 AM in response to SolidCake

SolidCake wrote:

I want to present multiple budgets ranging from low-budget, mid and high-budget options. These options would have to be as transparant as possible letting the client see what he gets per budget.

When you say budget, do you mean a personal spending budget against which expenses will be tracked? Or do you mean a proposal for a client that costs out various options for services or products that you can offer?

The template, of course, is designed for the former (tracking expenses).

SG

Jul 25, 2015 8:17 AM in response to SolidCake

Sure, that's definitely possible using Numbers. Depending on how many items are in your proposal, you could consider listing the items that make up the proposal in the first column, and then having a column for Low, a column for Medium, and a column for High. The Low, Medium, and High columns could include budget figures corresponding each item listed on the left.

As quinn suggests, it would help if you could provide more specifics about the kinds of things you need to include in your proposal.

SG

Jul 25, 2015 8:32 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm starting a video production company and I want to propose multiple investment options to my partner that is, also, investing in the company.

I want to list all the available gear we could use and check them off per budget column. Ideally I would like to list all the possible gear in one column on the left of the page and then have one column per budget next to it. And the total cost per budget under each budget column, respectively.

Preparing multiple budgets for client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.