Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to create a networkfile

I bought a combi HP laserjet 200 color MFP M276nw and installed it in my network. Wireless printing works fine from my MacBook Pro, (even from my iPad). However, the intall of the scanner from the HP printer asks for a "Netwerkap" (Flemish), that is a Networkfile (?). By the installation, my network and MacBook seems to be found by the scanner, but I can't create a "networkfile" that is found by the printer/scanner. How to proceed? I run X 10.5.8

Thanks for helping me.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 5:37 AM

2 replies

Jul 25, 2015 7:31 AM in response to walter Van Geyt

Probably best to take the computer that sees the printer, and make it share that with printer sharing in the Printer System Preferences. That way it will officially be on the network, and then other computers sharing the same network can connect to it. The one caveat is that computer that has sharing on will have to also be on anytime the other computer needs to print.

Jul 25, 2015 10:06 AM in response to a brody

Thanks for yr advise. I had already applied what you suggest, with printer sharing on, and then created a specific file in the lefthand sidebar of the finder, I tried also with a specific file on the desktop; however the scanner of the HP combi-printer does not find any 'network'-file. I also tried to give in 'network',that is to be found under 'go'.

Any other advise?

Thanks,

Walter.

how to create a networkfile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.