Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Music on two devices at the same time. Now impossible!!

I know it may be old fashioned but i only have only apple ID for my wife's phone and mine.

But since the update we cannot listen to music at the same time as a pop-up states that "It looks like you listening to music on another device"!

Please help me as this is getting annoying for the both of us!!

Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks for any advice

(2x iphone 5c's and itunes on windows, version 12.2.1.16)

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 1:16 PM

Can 2 people on the same Apple ID listen offline at the same time if they had already downloaded the music?

6 replies

Jul 25, 2015 7:49 PM in response to zonal_82

Apple Music allows up to 6 devices with the same Apple ID to be signed into a single user Apple Music account. However, you cannot stream music to more than one device at a time. (I know because my wife and I have 2 iMacs, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads and they all share the same Apple ID.) If you both wish to stream music at the same time, you must first set up one of you with a separate Apple ID, then set up Family Share and then sign up for the Family version of Apple Music (which will cost $15 per month instead of $10 when the trial ends).

Apple allowed streaming from iTunes Radio to multiple devices previously because it was AD SUPPORTED. Apple Music has no ads.

Playing Music on two devices at the same time. Now impossible!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.