Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used HMDZ bluetooth headphones and now iphone 6 won't disconnect from it.

Hi there. I have an iphone6 (just replaced from the prior one that wasn't working correctly because of a SIRI issue). I used my HMDZ bluetooth headset (craze Buds) for about two hours this am. I removed the headphones and turned them off. However now I have a very strange issue.

• when I press the volume switch it shows "Headphones" and the bell symbol below.

this means I cannot hear anyone nor can anyone hear me when I call or facetime

• I was troubleshooting and turned ON the headphones again and connected to bluetooth. I pressed the volume switch and now I get "Ringer" with the bell symbol below.

I have tried:

• cleaning out the headphone hole with q-tip, compressed air, blowing into it. Nothing changes.
  • I have done a hard reset
  • I have reset all network settings

At this point I am clueless except to restore the iphone. Which, I don't really want to do but will as a last resort obviously. I just am extremely frustrated as this is my second iphone 6 and I don't want to have to go through all the hassle of taking it back to the store again!

Any help would be very appreciated!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 10:34 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 8:33 AM in response to bishibarnabee

Hi bishibarnabee,

If you have an issue with your iPhone continuing to act as though it is connected to your headphones even though they are powered off, you may want to try having your iPhone forget the Bluetooth device. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and under Devices click the information button to the right of your headphones. On the next page select Forget This Device. See this help page for information about Bluetooth devices and the iPhone - Bluetooth devices - iPhone

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

Used HMDZ bluetooth headphones and now iphone 6 won't disconnect from it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.