Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts show up as numbers instead of names why ?

I have an IPhone4S (service provided by Veriizon - Model#MF259LL/A - IOS 8.4) and for some odd reason a call or text woul come in showing a number not a name of people/persons that I know I have in my contact list.

Got a new phone because it was still under warranty, went to store where I bought it and they were nice enough to tansfer info into new phone. Results good for a little while back to same situation. Long story short been back to store several times to restore, did a number of restores at home with techfrom apple and up until today phone does not work to my satisfaction. I also have another strange problem where phone is set to vibrate/tone on text and sometimes I just get vibrate, strange. I always update software when notified so I have latest IOS in phone. Very dissapointed in Apple products and if I could I would get rid of my phone but right now it would cost a lot so I will just have to wait for my upgrade to come. Thanks for your time looking forward to hearing from you and maybe you can come up with a solution to my problem.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:33 AM

TThe restore you did, was it from back up or a restore to factory? If it was a restore to a backup, try to set the device up as new. If you restore from a backup that had a software issue, you will have the issue again every time you use that backup.

2 replies

contacts show up as numbers instead of names why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.