Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv- Could not connect to home sharing library

Trying to sync my apple tv and computer photo library

AppleTV 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 12:13 PM

5 replies

Jul 26, 2015 7:28 AM in response to mugsgrandrapids

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Security Software Issues

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Jul 29, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Winston Churchill

TThanks for your suggestions. Let me be more specific about what I think is happening. Apple TV looks for a folder called "judy whitwer's photo library" on my computer. That folder isnt on my computer. Since the new photo application was installed. All my photos now appear to have migrated to a folder called "iPhoto Library". . I think I need to get Apple TV to look for the new folder, but can't see any way under settings to do this. Apple TV does play my photo stream as a screensaver, so I know the connection is there. ( I tried renaming the new folder back to "Judy Whitwer's etc" but computer wouldn't let me do it. Can you help me?

Jul 29, 2015 5:03 PM in response to mugsgrandrapids

I, too, am having ATV problems since upgrading to iTunes 12.x.

My ATV tells me to bring up sharing in iTunes and login. However, sharing is already on. ATV just doesn't see it.

My iPhone 5s is also a problem. iTunes no longer see it at all.

All connections are hardwire, NOT wifi.

Apple Extended Support let me down, too.... no help whatsoever in understanding the problem, much less solving it. Won't pay for extended support again.

Apple is certainly dropping the ball with iTunes 12 and legacy devices.

apple tv- Could not connect to home sharing library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.