Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari randomly won't load web pages

Hello,

this affects ALL safari I use to browse the web: both on my iPhone and brand new mac book pro.

It doesn't affect other browsers like chrome:

when I open a link, from the link bar, or from clicking a link on google for example.... the horizontal blue line loading indicator just stops at 1/3, and the page won't load at all. It's completely random but happens quite frequently.

A simple "stop" and load again same page, systematically will load the page properly.

There is something wrong here.

Any clue why i have this, and how I can resolve this ?

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 10:03 AM

16 replies

Jul 29, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Linc Davis

I was not able to EXACTLY load sites at same moments on Phone and Laptop.... but from my test the sites are do not necessarily fail to load on both devices at the same time.

I've been using alternate browser since a couple of days, and I didn't had the delayed load at all, not even once.
Safari is definitely involved. It's a pity because it's performance are better on mac than the alternatives. But i'm forced to use alternative browsers until this issue is resolved.

Aug 12, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi thanks, this didn't help but I tried this:

Ok, so I desactivated all these settings from BOTH my cable box and wifi router when applicable:

• Firewall
  • Ipsec PassThrough(VPN)
  • PPTP PassThrough(VPN)
  • Port Scan
  • Flood attack detection (Ip Flood)

I left "multicast" activated.

On my Mac I enabled the firewall.

This does seem to reduce the rate of pages that won't load.... Maybe safari is so fast that it sends and accept many requests which in turn was prompting the hardware firewalls to block some traffic, which would explain why it affected specifically Safari and not the other browsers. I also seem to notice that the whole web experience is faster and more responding.

But the problem is only resolved to 80%... I still experience page that won't load, and force me to reload/reclick them to have them load normally. This is strange because if my solution is a fix it should have fixed 100% of the problem. So i'm note sure :/

Anyway those who experience this try my solution and report.

safari randomly won't load web pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.