Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Bluetooth Odd?

My computer is:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B14

SMC Version (system): 2.19f12

OSX: 10.10.3

Forgive me, I use my MacBook Pro for work. Every extra click, password entry, character entered, or diversion not absolutely required adds to frustration. Here is one of those:

1. I use an Apple Magic Mouse. When I change the batteries and turn it on my computer's Bluetooth will NOT recognize it. I have to go to System Preferences, Select Mouse, wait until the video shows me how to click on a mouse, then click on the window "Mouse Discovered" and then I can use it.

2. When I want to listen to something on iTunes, on my computer, while I am working, I have to go to System Preferences, select Bluetooth, and shut off the automatic connection to my teenage daughter's bluetooth speakers. It seems my MacBook Pro automatically connects to her speakers, and what I play on iTunes gets played on her speakers.

Is it possible to get the mouse to work like the speakers? Is it possible to get the speakers to work like the magic mouse?

Any ideas please?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:41 AM

1 reply

Magic Mouse Bluetooth Odd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.