Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchases vanish after upgrade

How can I find the music I have already purchased on iTunes? When I upgraded on my Windows PC a third of my purchases seem unobtainable. I have downloaded purchases from the cloud, but it did not contain all that should be there. What do I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:04 AM

Hello micyvicy,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not seeing some purchased content. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support

1. Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.
  2. Check to see if the purchases you're looking for are hidden. If your purchases are hidden, you might not see them even after you follow the steps below. Learn how to unhide purchases.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 9:04 AM in response to micyvicy

Hello micyvicy,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are not seeing some purchased content. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support

1. Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.
  2. Check to see if the purchases you're looking for are hidden. If your purchases are hidden, you might not see them even after you follow the steps below. Learn how to unhide purchases.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Jul 27, 2015 3:05 PM in response to mario49

Thanks that was helpful. Not all purchases were there. Checked through my media files on PC and found in music the files which related to iTunes library. All my previous purchases where there including the ones visible on iTunes once I had downloaded from the cloud. I remade the link and all is well. I guess I must be doing something wrong, but remaking link with my media files did the trick.

purchases vanish after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.