Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good Evening, Its about my I phone 4 s All sounds (except he once of voice memos and ringing when somebody is calling or during calling) are sometimes working and sometimes not. Earphones or The iPhone speaker all the same: e.G key tones, music, dire

Good Evening, Its about my I phone 4 s

All sounds (except he once of voice memos and ringing when somebody is calling or during calling) are sometimes working and sometimes not. Earphones or The iPhone speaker all the same: e.G key tones, music, directions when using maps, podcasts, text message etc. work only sometimes to rarely. playing with the settings in the preferences can help for a while or press pause/play and as well removing and replugging the minijack...I already restored it and also did a du-restore. what else could it be and what can i do and how much will it cost? Thanks in advance yours Christoph

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 2:09 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 12:20 PM in response to christoph272

Hi Christoph272,

It sounds like your phone notifications are intermittently not working despite being set correctly in the Settings. What you describe to me sounds like a software issue. I se you've erased the phone but if you restored the device from a backup that could bring the issue back. Try restoring it as new and testing the notifications:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups
If it works, you can then restore your backup to either verify it still works or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

If none of that works, and the issue persists when you use it as a new device then that would isolate the issue to the hardware on the device and it will need to be repaired:

iPhone Other Repair Options

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jul 28, 2015 4:32 AM in response to sterling r

Hey thanks for your (try to) help! But i tried all this and the problem remains (strangely after the different resorts that I did it was always fine for 1-2 hours before it got mad again)...I only didn't do the erase step. I went after racking up directly to restore (and once even in that DFM mode) and yes I tried to set it up as a new Iphone, too. You think the 'erase step' makes the difference?

Do you or anybody else have another good Idea?

Cheers C.

Good Evening, Its about my I phone 4 s All sounds (except he once of voice memos and ringing when somebody is calling or during calling) are sometimes working and sometimes not. Earphones or The iPhone speaker all the same: e.G key tones, music, dire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.